Listen to this article
What foods to eat for good eye health – The eye is one of the most astounding organs in the body because of its incredible precision and performance.
All of the muscles in the eye are constantly moving to perform three functions that are required for vision;
- The visual field is being explored.
- The pupil responds to the amount of light available by opening and closing.
- The curvature of the eye’s lens is altered in accordance with the viewed object’s distance, bringing it into sharp focus.Nutrients for the eyes
The eyes only need a modest amount of oxygen and a few other compounds contained in foods to carry out all of these intricate processes.
What foods to eat for good eye health – Vitamin A
The generation of rhodopsin, a light-sensitive pigment found in retinal cells, is dependent on this. It also helps to keep the conjunctiva (the front membrane of the eye) hydrated and healthy.
What foods to eat for good eye health – Carotenoids
Natural dyes can be found in meals made from plants. They act as antioxidants and contribute to the prevention of macular degeneration of the retina.
what foods to eat for good eye health – Vitamins C and E
Fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grain germ contain nearly all of these antioxidants. Lack of vitamin C and E leads to cataracts and vision loss.
Plant-based foods, such as apricots, cabbage, carrots, butter, and other fruits and vegetables, supply the nutrients that the eyes require to function properly.
what foods to eat for good eye health
Carrots and alfalfa greens are the foods that contain the most Provitamin A, making them a true dietary medicine.
Why carrot is one of the foods to eat for good eye health
Carrots have three elements in their makeup that make them one of the greatest foods for the eyes. They are;
- Carotenoids: One of the most well-known is beta-carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A. Carotenoids are necessary for the retina’s healthy functioning, especially in low-light circumstances or at night. They also help to keep the skin and mucosa healthy.
- Vegetable fibre; Carrots contain approximately 3%, the most of which is in the form of pectin.
- Essential oil: this is active against intestinal parasites.
NOTE: Carrots are beneficial in the treatment of retinal and eye problems in general, as well as skin disorders, gastritis, gastric acid excess, colitis, and cancer prevention. what foods to eat for good eye health.
Preparation and use
- Raw: whole or grated in salads, dressed with lemon juice. Children’s teeth are strengthened by carrots.
- Cooked: Carrots are a good match with potatoes and other vegetables. When cooked, they become sweeter. After cooking, they retain their beta carotene concentration.
- Juice: Carrot juice is a delightful, refreshing, and nutritious beverage. It tastes great when mixed with apple juice or lemon juice.
FACT: One hundred grams of carrots (about one medium carrot) contains enough beta-carotene to synthesize nearly three times the amount of vitamin A required by an adult daily. what foods to eat for good eye health.
Apricots, one of the healthiest meals for the eyes, offer the eyes radiance and beauty. It has a low-calorie content (about 48 kcal/100 g), making it a great weight-loss food. It is known for having a low salt content and a high potassium content.
However, beta-carotene, or provitamin A, is the most significant component of apricots, whether fresh or dried, that makes them one of the finest foods for the eyes. This component is responsible for the majority of the therapeutic value. what foods to eat for good eye health.
Apricot consumption helps to maintain healthy vision and offers the eyes the radiance and beauty that is associated with good health. This is due not only to provitamin A’s effect but also to the combined action of other vitamins and minerals that come with it.
Conjunctival dryness, persistent irritation or itching of the conjunctiva, loss of visual acuity owing to retinal atrophy, and night blindness are all conditions that apricots can help with.
B: Dried apricots, in addition to being delicious, are a good source of provitamin A due to their high beta-carotene content.
what foods to eat for good eye health – Spinach
It preserves the retina as well as supplying muscle power, making it one of the finest foods for the eyes. Despite having only 22 calories per 100 grams, spinach is possibly the most nutritious green leafy vegetable known. It has a high protein level (2.86%) for a green, yet it is low in carbohydrates (0.8%) and lipids (0.8%). (0.35 percent ).
As 100 g of spinach contains, it is one of the finest foods for the eyes because of its vitamin content.
- Two thirds (672վg RE) of the daily need of vitamin A (1, 000 վg RE)
- Practically all (194 վg ) of folic acid or folates needed daily (200 վg )
- 50% of the vitamin C (28.1 mg) needed daily (60mg).
- Almost one-fourth (79 mg) of the daily requirement for magnesium (350 mg).
- More than one-fourth (2.71 mg) of the daily need for iron (10 mg).
People between the ages of 50 and 80 who consume spinach regularly had a lower risk of losing their vision due to macular degeneration, according to a study conducted at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Harvard University (USA).
All people over the age of 50, especially those over 50, should consume spinach regularly if they want to keep their eyesight.
Spinach is high in lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that help reduce vision loss caused by macula degeneration, the retina’s most sensitive point.
In terms of preventing senile macular degeneration, spinach is even more effective than carrots.
Preparation and Use
1. Raw: spinach can be eaten raw in salads after it is soft.
2. Frozen: Although frozen spinach loses some of its vitamin C, it is available all year.
3. Cooked: Steaming is the best way because it retains the majority of vitamins and minerals.
4. Fresh Juice: A half glass of fresh juice every day, drank before lunch or dinner, is recommended.
I appreciate your reading this article, leave a review in the comment section, or email me through the contact page. If you found this helpful, please share your knowledge using any of the social media buttons below.
- what foods to eat for good eye health
- Heart Healthy Diets for Weight Loss
- Effects of Intermittent Fasting on Health
- What is Intermittent Fasting?
- 10 Anti-aging Foods for Beautiful Skin
- 10 best foods for your heart
- Healthy Foods for the Heart
- Foods that reduce dry skin